Tuesday, December 17, 2013

New Meaning

The leaders of my local church recently asked me to be in charge of teaching the children music. I was/am thrilled to be able to do this for them (see previous post).

Last Sunday we spent an entire hour just singing Christmas songs. It was totally wonderful...and I was handling it like a pro until we got to the  middle of singing a song called Mary's Lullaby. Here are the lyrics:


Lullaby, lullaby, my little one.
Lullaby, my child so dear.
Thy precious life has just begun;
Thy mother holds thee near.
While Joseph watches through the night,
A star reflects thy radiant light.
Lullaby, lullaby, my little one.
Lullaby, my child so dear.
 
 
Just as we got the the words about Joseph I looked up and there was the ear doctor holding my little Sammy boy who was BEAMING...smiling ear to ear looking at my music leading. I lost it...I just lost it. In a whole room full of adorable happy children singing I was there boobing away in the front. Big, fat, hot tears rolling down my cheeks.
 
I guess that since having my own little boy the role of Mary has become a much bigger deal to me at Christmas time. When I think about having to RIDE A DONKEY in the last trimester and SLEEP ON THE GROUND...yikes. 

2 comments:

GT said...

That's my girl

MSmith said...

Boobing in primary was my specialty!
Aunti M